INVOLVEMENT IN WORK

I was working in HMT.  Our boss was The Controller of Accounts, a most sincere and very good person.  I was a new to the Department.  But I had a very good zeal in learning the new things.  Once a statement had to sent to our Head Office.  I was doing it and he had stood behind me watching what I was doing.  After few minutes he asked me how long does it take for completion.  I looked at my watch and said "Sir before lunch I will give"  So he went back to his chamber.  within few minutes the siren was blowing when everybody except myself rushed for lunch.  After the lunch giving me additional 30 minutes of grace also he asked whether my watch had stopped- because I had committed before lunch.  By coincidence the statement had finished and I went to his chamber and gave it to him.  The Controller asked-  You said before lunch - I replied I have not yet gone for lunch.  He folded the statement advising me to finish the lunch first.  After my lunch he saw and nodded.  After a week or so Our Director of Finance had visited our Unit.  The Controller was introducing all of us to him.  When my turn came he said he is the only person who commits for finishing statement before lunch and does not take lunch till the statement is finished.  What is finished first he only keeps in mind.  The Director smiled and gave a friendly slap on my back.  When I had been to our Head Office it was almost Lunch break and the Director was going for lunch and he friendly took me with him and said today atleast we shall have lunch together he said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONSTER EATING

GIFT OF GOD