MORAL ENTERTAINMENT :

MORAL ENTERTAINMENT :

Entertainment now a days has become a source of determined requirement.  Earlier days the entertainment used to be a part of daily activity and many times used to be a moral lesson.   To give an example when I was in 7th Standard I was using rubber chappels.  Once I was asked to go to bus stand to help my father in bringing luggage.  When I was waiting for the incoming bus I saw a cobbler packing his belongings as it was late evening.  He was almost old.  I went and asked him whether he would polish chappels.  His sight was poor and did not see my feet and he unloaded his belongings from the gunny bag.  Then he took one chappel while I was wearing the second one.  The moment he touched he felt it was rubber and cannot be polished.  He wanted to hit me but I managed to escape.  When I came home I was narrating my grand mother and seeking her advise how to recover the lost chappal.  My grand mother with a sigh said thank god for you have come with one chappal.  She added that the cobbler will not take one chappal and he will have thrown the same at the same spot.  She advised me to go to the bus stand in the morning by six o clock so that the cleaning activity will have not started.  I was almost unsleepy throughout night and got up at 5.30 AM and went to the bus stand.  To my surprise I found the single chappal as assured by my grand mother.  This became a moral lesson for me and suddenly I remembered my teacher had narrated story of  Mr.Gandhiji who was boarding a moving train slipped his one shoe.  He immediately slipped the second one also.  When the co-passenger asked why he slipped the second shoe Mr. Gandhiji replied with one shoe I cannot do anything so that anybody who sees both the shoes nearby  will pick and use them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONSTER EATING

GIFT OF GOD